Is your RV one of thousands recalled in November and December of 2018? The National Highway Traffic and Safety administration recalled several different models of recreational trailers and RVs from three major manufacturers for safety concerns: Cruiser, Heartland and Keystone. Was your RV affected?
What models were recalled and why?
The following models were recalled in December 2018 for serious breaches of federal safety standards. You should receive a notice in the mail, but you may call your manufacturer’s customer service at any time or visit your dealer for repairs free of charge.
- Cruiser RV: The following models may have insufficiently greased inner hub bearings, which could cause the bearing to overheat and fail, increasing the likelihood of serious injury. 2019 Cruiser MPG and Radiance Ultra-Light with D28H, D35, D40 or D44 trailer axles
- Heartland RV: The following models may not have had their forward reflectors installed. As a result, they are not road-worthy as they reduce visibility and increase the risk of a crash. 2019 heartland Elk Ridge, Milestone, Elk Ridge Express, Pioneer, Sundance, Sundance XLT
- Keystone RV Co.: The following model may have defective welds on the spindles, which could detach and significantly increases the risk of a crash. 2019 Keystone Montana
- Keystone RV Co.:The following models may have their disc brake assembly fasteners fail. If this occurs, they will lose all braking ability and could cause a serious crash. 2019 Keystone Montana trailers with the Legacy Package
- Keystone RV Co.:The following models’ tires may rub against the frame outrigger while being towed. This could damage the tires and result in a crash. 2018-2019 Keystone Raptor, model 353TS
If your vehicle was affected, what are your legal options?
Manufacturers have a responsibility to their customers to provide products free of known defects and to correct defects if they are found. California Lemon Law protects you and your warrantied vehicle if it encounters persistent problems or safety hazards due to manufacturing. If they cannot fix the issue, they are required to provide you a replacement or a refund.
If your dealer or manufacturer fails to correct the issue or denies you your consumer rights, you should know your legal rights.